Key Account Manager
Salary $80,000 - $120,000
Time Type: Full Time
Languages - English, Mandarin a plus
Location: SFO, ORD, DFW, AUS, LAX
The Account Manager is responsible for a large complex account and/or a group of smaller accounts. They will have operational, relationship and P&L accountability for their account(s). The Account Manager will manage a team with the primary goal of meeting and exceeding customer expectations, providing superior customer service and achieving service and savings goals.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Oversee global key account’s day to day operations
- Act as primary point of contact for the account including all escalations
- Spot quoting, lane contracting, customer rate management
- Vendor relationship management including sourcing new vendors / contractors
- Directly oversee key account team with a staff of 15+
- Departmental FMC compliance management
- Departmental KPI management
- Department P&L management
- Data management
- Create reporting for QBR’s
- Presentation of MBR’s, QBR’s (quarterly business reviews) to the customer.
- Ability and Flexibility to travel as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And/or Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering, a related field, or experience in lieu of education.
- A minimum of 3 years substantial relevant experience in Account Management.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint)
- English (reading, writing and verbal)
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- General industry knowledge of common carrier contracts, freight payment and audit processes and supply chain engineering.
- Proven track record of account management. 3PL a plus.
- Ability to develop and manage remote teams.
- Demonstrated leadership and employee development skills – a “mentor”.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage and motivate all levels in the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the customer base and system capabilities is critical.
- Strong interpersonal skills that promote team building and associate development are required.
- Strong work ethic and patience.
- Freight forwarding / logistics experience : 5 years minimum (required)
- Air, Ocean and Intermodal Experience : Prefer to have experience with all modes if possible
- Key Account Management : 2 years minimum (preferred)
- Excels in customer service, this is a very demanding position
- Ability to be available after hours, on weekend, holidays, etc as the account requires. Not your standard 9:00-5:00 role
- Experience leading a team of 5+ staff : 1 year minimum (preferred)
- CargoWise experience preferred