Job Title: Branch Manager - Charlotte, NC
1. Summary Description
Why does the job/role exist?
Manage Import Department operations to ensure timely job completion and client’s satisfaction. Set up operations procedures. Monitor and review operations job completed meets broker’s compliance standard required by CBP. Assist in problem solving and research for CBP and OGA requirements. Facilitate staff training in operating system, trade requirement, OGA and government regulations. Attend CBP, trade, & OGA seminars and meetings to ensure Carmichael operations meets all new programs, regulations required by CBP, trade and OGA. Facilitate on-boarding of new clients and operations team members. Ensure new clients are set up correctly and subsequently communicate the process to the team. Initiate I.T. requests for client’s special reports and process improvements. Assist develop new operation process to meet government’s new requirements. Assist freight forwarding dept to communicate and problem solve with overseas agents. Manage administrative duties for the branch.
2. Key Result Areas - Keys Results (KPI’s)
Result Measurement (Metric)
- Manage customer cargo processing
- Ensure 100% timeliness, no demurrage
- Set up operation procedures for all customers
- Complete prior to first shipment
- Monitor operation to ensure timeliness of job completion
- Target 3 days pre-file completion overall
- Attend CBP and trade seminars and meetings to keep compliance standard current.
- Attend 8 seminars per year.
- Motivate and manage team
- Minimal overtime, customer satisfaction, timely reporting, and accuracy
- Work with I.T. Dept to enhance operation system program to improve productivity
- Ensure processes are improved and verifiable
- Retention of customers
- 100% retention
3. Key Accountability/Job Duties
% OF TIME
- 35% - Assist staff problem solving, include issues with AMS, ABI, AS400 system process, carrier terminal problem, Customs entry clearance, etc. Research OGA and Customs regulations, requirements on special commodity and entries when staff is unable to find answers.
- 30% - Read e-mails and identify possible problem shipments or special urgent shipment request, remind operation team to flag urgent and work with operation team to ensure smooth clearance. Read e-mails on freight forwarding related transaction, identify possible problem with shipping. Advise freight forwarding dept possible solution, contact overseas agent if freight forwarding team is unable to resolve issues.
- 15% - Receive client’s request for special project and reports. Create sample report format for IT Dept approval and client’s acceptance. Follow through completion of project, report to client.
- 10% - Monitor operation work load. Identify heavy labor required process and work with I.T. dept for possible special operation program to increase efficiency, reduce labor. Work with IT Dept to resolve any operation system program issues.
- 5% - Manage administrative duties for the branch: Interface with landlords, repairmen, etc to maintain a functional office.
- 5% - Assist APLL Sales Staff with on-site visits and questions for potential accounts
4. Job Qualifications
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience, customs brokerage license
- Experience: 10 yrs of import brokerage classification, traffic, other government agency experience preferred, entry experience preferred
- Skill Sets: Leadership, Attention to Detail, Communication (Verbal/Written), Problem Solving, Tolerance of Ambiguity, Organization & Planning, Commitment to Tasks, Customer Service, Microsoft Office.
- Language Skills: English
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlotte, NC 28273: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location