Import Manager Brokerage - CHB LCB a plus!
Location: Itasca (Chicago IL)
Import Manager- Brokerage
Job Title: Import Manager
1. Summary Description
Why does the job/role exist?
To manage the file opener, data entry, traffic and classifier personnel for a team of accounts with the goal of keeping the entries/cargo moving in a timely manner. To provide support to the team in solving problems that arise throughout the entry process. To be the main point of contact for our customers in order to serve their needs. Responsible for local CBP/OGA liaison government holds/compliance.
2. Key Result Areas
Keys Results (KPI’s)
- Timely processing of customs entries
- Timely movement of cargo
- Timely issuance of billing invoices
Result Measurement (Metric)
- Review the flow of entries throughout the section to ensure that they are filed timely, with a target of 5 days prior to ETA.
- Ensure that the delivery orders move in a timely manner after Customs release to ensure that there are no storage/demurrage charges accrued.
- Ensure that the entry files are billed as soon after the submission of the Customs entry as possible.
3. Key Accountability/Job Duties
- 35% - Manage the flow of the entries through the team per customer. Manage customer service & complete accountability of each customer under their management. This includes customer interface, customer satisfaction, revenue, growth of these accounts, etc. This position has complete ownership and accountability of these customers.
- 20% - Answer customer emails and phone calls throughout the day. Participate in customer meetings representing Carmichael (i.e. QBRs, period reviews, teleconferences, etc.).
- 20% - Classify entries, issue delivery orders and perform other related worked required on accounts
- 15% - Hire, train, develop and motivate staff
- 10% - Solve entry and traffic related problems that come up during the day
4. Job Qualifications
- Required Education: High School Graduate, College degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Experience: Customs Brokerage license (preferred), 5+ years of Customs House Broker (CHB) experience, Previous management experience
- Skill Sets: Strong communication and organization skills, Problem-solving skills, Highly detailed-orientated and focused, Proficient with Excel and Word, People Skills (a motivator), Effective/Efficient with their time and able to re-prioritize when needed, Strong Ethics and Integrity
- Language Skills: Strong written and spoken English
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Entry Processing: 10 years (Preferred)
- Import Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Customs Brokerage: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location