Account Manager Freight Forwarding - JFK
COME JOIN THIS EXCITING GROWING COMPANY - BE PART OF A TEAM SMALL ENOUGH TO BE CALLED FAMILY, EXPERIENCED ENOUGH TO GO HEAD TO HEAD WITH THE LARGEST AND BEST.
CARGOWISE KNOWLEDGE A PLUS
100% CONFIDENTIAL & DISCRETE - CONTACT RECRUITER - DARIUS AND COMPANY DISCRETELY
JFK Valley Stream Area
The Strategic Account Manager is the main point of contact on key accounts and is responsible for retaining existing business while identifying and pursuing expansion opportunities across all products and services for existing clients.
ACCOUNT MANAGER KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of current portfolio and address any issues that will inhibit client satisfaction while focusing on identifying additional opportunities to grow our partnership.
- Maximize existing relationships by engaging clients as their primary touchpoint within our clients company
- Review and analyze business trends of client for all solutions and identify areas of opportunity, improvement, and growth.
- Lead client renegotiations and profitability analyses.
- Identify and develop business growth and profitability strategy for each assigned account.
- Educate assigned clients on regulatory changes and new requirements.
- Maintain systems accuracy related to existing account base using key tools.
- Prepare and facilitate client presentations and reports.
- Promote client development and build relationships with clients through office visits and presentations.
- Engage appropriate subject matter specialists/internal resources and Client Service Managers to support client requests for improvements and growth opportunities, manage/influence the collaboration of all resources.
- Escalate and project manage client issues to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong organizational, time management and negotiation skills
- Ability to drive change and deliver targeted results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point.)
- CargoWise experience strongly desired.
- Collaborative team player
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
3 years of Direct Freight Forwarding Account Management
Preferred: Associates Degree or post-secondary education
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Inclusion and Collaboration
Customer First Focus
Our Client is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.